Rubber tracked rental units are favorable for seasonal work because they are really your only defense against the wrath of Mother Nature and her shifting weather patterns. If growing up in Chicago has taught me anything, it is to expect the unexpected when it comes to the weather. Our weather changes dramatically per season and often times even within a single season. It’s nearly impossible to select a single pair of shoes to carry you through the multiple seasons let alone a single piece of equipment capable of keeping your business moving forward.
Don’t create your own restrictions! Instead, read the list below and discover the Top 5 reasons rubber tracked rental units are perfect for seasonal work.
- Customized Per Job – Selecting a rubber tracked rental unit allows your to change the type of equipment on an as need basis. If and when the weather changes so do your needs and a rental unit will allow you to follow suit.
- Not as Much Cash out Lay – You don’t have a lot of money wrapped into a single unit at any given time. You only need to spend money when you know for certain the unit is being used.
- Not a Lot of Commitment – If something unexpected occurs on the jobsite you can take a rubber tracked rental unit off of rent, but you can’t always turn around and sell a piece of equipment that you have purchased.
- Minimal Repair – When renting, maintenance and repair of your rubber tracked unit is minimized to routine or wear and tear items. Any repairs above and beyond that are typically covered by the equipment rental company. In some cases, when a rental unit breaks down, companies like Rig Source will swap out any broken down units and replace it with a fully functioning one so there is no loss of down time.
- Tax Advantages – Certain tax advantages exist for businesses that choose to rent equipment, and allow for monthly rental payments to be expensed as a reduction in income. In turn, may lower a business’s tax burden. (Please consult your tax advisor prior to renting equipment to make sure that you qualify).
Seasonal work definitely has its obstacles and a key component to overcoming them is to remain flexible. Tis the season for snow in Chicago right now, but it won’t be long until the April showers are upon us. Be sure to plan ahead and turn to rubber tracked rental units that prove to be perfect for seasonal work.